Saturday, May 9, 2009

this is what happens when you have a night off in the midst of working nights...

Hello!
so....it's been a while and i have been notified that it could be construed that something such as a boyfriend must be in the picture to account for my lack of blogging. (o: well, that's false. there is no boyfriend, just a lack of blogging and not really any good reason to account for such. but, due to the fact that i have tonight off in the midst of quite a grouping of night shifts and i'm awake while most everyone else is either asleep or working, i figured it's a good time to 'catch up' my blog...

March 16 - OLYMPIC SKATING!!



My ward went skating at the Olympic speed skating rink in Kearns, UT. It was fun! And, now I can say I've ice skated somewhere famous! (o:

March 27-28 - Saint George
My ward took a weekend trip to Saint George and we spent all day Friday playing then went to the temple on Saturday. It was very fun! And, I had my first experience with In-N-Out Burger...fabulous! (o:








My sister Kori says the one with my head in the hole in the rock looks like a giant Cheerio! (o: That one was along the 'Pioneer Names' trail. It was really cool! (There's a place in the rock where pioneers wrote their names and the years they passed by in axle grease...)

April 9 - I bought a bed!!
So, this was a very big decision for me....but I finally decided to get the bed that I LOVED!!! And, now I'll have a bed for 'forever.' (I still think it was a great decision as I still LOVE my new bed!) The problemo came because my bank was still in Montana so getting the money from my account to the furniture store was an adventure, thus I got a big chunk of it out of an ATM machine....



April 12 to present - PEEPS War
So...for Easter my roommate (Sam) bought some PEEPS. Well, I must admit that I do not like eating those suckers, but we've surely had a fun time 'playing' with them... So, one day at work, I open my lunch bag and am greeted by 2 saran-wrapped peeps. I laugh then cleverly return them to Sam's food shelf. I then found the saran-wrap peeps hiding in my sock drawer. Next, I placed them inside Sam's shoe. Then, as I laid my head to rest, I heard a scrunching plastic sort of sound and felt something strange under my head....oh yes, there were peeps inside my pillow case. (this is where the photo documentation began). So, I held onto the peeps for a day to think of something really good.... and, yes, the SS PEEPS was created! So, I gave the peeps swimsuits and sunglasses (and a boat of course!) then, unhooked the chain from the flusher in Sam's toilet, and sent the peeps on an 'ocean' cruise... Next, I came home on my b-day to find a party with all my 'peeps'! (The apartment was decorated and the peeps were taped to the ceiling.) So, now the peeps are again in my possession..... I'll keep you posted!




Whew!! Sorry for the VERY long post....and, sorry for my long leave of blogging absence! (o: I'll try to do better with this.... I hope you all are doing well! Things continue to go great for me! I'm officially done orienting at work and so far, so good! Despite my finishing orientation, I'm still learning tons as I get to take care of lots of very sick babies! Have a wonderful day!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you blogging again =) So your bed is beautiful! But it looks like more than just a bed -- did you buy the dresser thing too? Really pretty.
    Your Peeps war cracks me up! I especially like the "cruise"
    Looks like you had some fun trips. Did going to St. George make you think of "Moab biker"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What unit are you working on with the babies? I love In-N-Out and really wish they'd make their way east to Texas. :)

    ReplyDelete