Woohoo!! Now that I don't have class and clinical ruling my life....I was able to go skiing!! (o: It's been FOREVER since I last went, thus I'm very grateful for my wonderful, patient roommate and expert skier Coleen!! Good times, good times! It was great! I am trying to smile in this picture, but it was from the end of the day and my face was kind of frozen! (o: I think my face freezing is related to the snow and wind...it was a bit stormy. (Other than that it wasn't cold at all! My new coat and hat from Santa worked out great for me!) We tried an ungroomed area on one run with DEEP powder....um, ya. VERY hard to stand up if you fall in powder deeper than your poles it turns out! (o: But, all in all, so worth it!!! I had a FABULOUS time!!!! And, now I'm practiced up for our ward ski trip! (o:
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Ski Utah!!
Woohoo!! Now that I don't have class and clinical ruling my life....I was able to go skiing!! (o: It's been FOREVER since I last went, thus I'm very grateful for my wonderful, patient roommate and expert skier Coleen!! Good times, good times! It was great! I am trying to smile in this picture, but it was from the end of the day and my face was kind of frozen! (o: I think my face freezing is related to the snow and wind...it was a bit stormy. (Other than that it wasn't cold at all! My new coat and hat from Santa worked out great for me!) We tried an ungroomed area on one run with DEEP powder....um, ya. VERY hard to stand up if you fall in powder deeper than your poles it turns out! (o: But, all in all, so worth it!!! I had a FABULOUS time!!!! And, now I'm practiced up for our ward ski trip! (o:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Looks like a good time! First time I went skiing, I was taken off the slopes in a stretcher. Not fun. Miss you! -Aubrey
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh!! i don't think i've heard that story... miss you too!!
ReplyDeleteYa, Aubrey, I want to hear that story too =)
ReplyDeleteKalie, it looks like you are having fun with your new found freedom! =) I must admit, though, I am glad not to be in Utah in January and February =)
Kalie! That looks like so much fun! I think I like blogging better than facebook because I actually get to hear the stories behind the pictures.
ReplyDeleteStory: The first time I went skiing was as a date. Kind of. Anyway, on the last run of the day my date said he was going to take a video of me going down the slope so, of course, I wanted to look good. I got going a little too fast, hit a mini jump and landed head first. I thought I wasn't hurt (except my wounded pride of course) but a few minutes later I started to hyperventilate and then blacked out. SO, I got to go down on a stretcher with my freaked out date taking up the rear. Great first impression:)
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh!!! Aubrey, what a story!! (o:
ReplyDelete